ace-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: Minimising ACE's file size
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2013 08:04:59 GMT
Hello Dan,

On Aug 28, 2013, at 17:57 PM, Daniel McGreal <daniel@redbite.com> wrote:

> I'm developing an application within the confines of 5.4 megabytes of storage space.
>
> I'd like to use the ACE management agent within this application, but the storage requirements
are prohibitive. Can anyone offer any suggestions through which I could repackage the agent
to minimise the jar's disk usage?

We are currently working on a full redesign of the management agent, where one of the focus
points is to make it a lot smaller. That work is currently being done in org.apache.ace.agent
in trunk, so you might want to check that out. It's not done yet, we still have to eliminate
some dependencies to get the size down, but the basis we have there now lends itself better
to doing that.

All in all, this is coming, and I hope it makes the next release. In the mean time, feel free
to give us some feedback on this new version!

Greetings, Marcel