ace-users mailing list archives

From Daniel McGreal <dan...@redbite.com>
Subject Re: Minimising ACE's file size
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2013 08:18:01 GMT
Hi Marcel!
I would be delighted to be able to contribute to these efforts, in any way. Is there any document
of your intended strategy or steps taken so far I could read? I found https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACE-347
(which is marked as resolved) and I will take a look at the svn commits.
Is there a timeline for the next release?
Many thanks for your time,
Dan.

On 29 Aug 2013, at 09:04, Marcel Offermans <marcel.offermans@luminis.nl> wrote:

> Hello Dan,
>
> On Aug 28, 2013, at 17:57 PM, Daniel McGreal <daniel@redbite.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm developing an application within the confines of 5.4 megabytes of storage space.
>>
>> I'd like to use the ACE management agent within this application, but the storage
requirements are prohibitive. Can anyone offer any suggestions through which I could repackage
the agent to minimise the jar's disk usage?

> We are currently working on a full redesign of the management agent, where one of the
focus points is to make it a lot smaller. That work is currently being done in org.apache.ace.agent
in trunk, so you might want to check that out. It's not done yet, we still have to eliminate
some dependencies to get the size down, but the basis we have there now lends itself better
to doing that.

> All in all, this is coming, and I hope it makes the next release. In the mean time, feel
free to give us some feedback on this new version!