ace-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: Client REST API
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2013 16:16:10 GMT
Hello Wilfried,

On Aug 6, 2013, at 17:58 , Sibla Wilfried <Wilfried.Sibla@bosch-si.com> wrote:

> I also started as propose by you.
>
> But unfortunately I started with a copy of the Worspace class because I cannot use the
authentication against the OSGi UserAdmin.
> But currently I'm not very happy with this solution.
>
> What do you think about having the Workspace independent from the any UserAdmin users
and only using the session ID?

So you're basically saying you don't want any authentication?

The workspace itself does not use UserAdmin. If you look at the RESTClientServlet, it has
a "createWorkspace" method that has a plug-able authentication mechanism that you can use
if you don't want to rely on the default mechanism. I suggest you plug-in your own mechanism
there that returns an implementation of User you made yourself.

> In my case it could be a solution to extend the Workspace and overriding the login method
(using a single technical user within).

I think what I suggest above is a bit cleaner than extending the Workspace.

> I think I could provide my slightly changed Wokspace implementation as a proposal.
> I also added some gogo commands to it (like you did in June). But still missing some
commands for evaluating and manipulating the StatefulTarget :-)

Did you look at some of the work that Bram did recently (on top of the initial set of commands
I came up with)? That already has some commands (implemented in the Workspace) for StatefulTargets.

Greetings, Marcel