ace-users mailing list archives

From <Wilfried.Si...@bosch-si.com>
Subject AW: Gogo commands
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2013 15:33:42 GMT
Hi Marcel

Thx a lot. I already got it....

Danke und Grüße
Wilfried

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Marcel Offermans [mailto:marcel.offermans@luminis.nl]
Gesendet: Montag, 1. Juli 2013 16:51
An: users@ace.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Gogo commands

On Jul 1, 2013, at 15:18 , Wilfried.Sibla@bosch-si.com wrote:

> A short question to your suggestion (there's quite enough still have to learn):
> You wrote on the wiki (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ACE/Gogo+Shell+client+API),
that only the two command cw (create workspace) and rw (remove workspace) are real shell commands.
And the others only operate on the created workspace.

Correct.

> Does the cf command return a workspace object?

Yes, that's what happens when I say:

w = (cw)

> And are the following commands like $w la (list artifacts) methods of the Workspace class.

Yes, methods that are invoked on the object that cw returned, and that was stored in the variable
called w, so:

$w foo a b
literally invokes a method "foo" on the instance w, and tries to actually find a method that
has two parameters a and b.

> Or how does this work?
> Can you give me a hint, where I could read a bit more about this topic?

Yes:
http://felix.apache.org/documentation/subprojects/apache-felix-gogo.html
http://felix.apache.org/site/rfc-147-overview.html
http://www.osgi.org/download/osgi-4.2-early-draft.pdf

Admitted, the documentation is a bit all over the place. :) On the positive side, not only
Felix is using the GoGo shell, but also more recently Equinox, so if you Google a bit you
usually find some more tutorials. Many things have also been discussed on the Felix mailing
lists, so searching the archives might also help.

Greetings, Marcel