ace-users mailing list archives

From <Wilfried.Si...@bosch-si.com>
Subject Gogo commands
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2013 13:18:48 GMT
Hi Marcel

A short question to your suggestion (there's quite enough still have to learn):
You wrote on the wiki (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ACE/Gogo+Shell+client+API),
that only the two command cw (create workspace) and rw (remove workspace) are real shell commands.
And the others only operate on the created workspace.

Does the cf command return a workspace object? And are the following commands like $w la (list
artifacts) methods of the Workspace class.
Or how does this work?
Can you give me a hint, where I could read a bit more about this topic?

Thx

Greetings
Wilfried

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Wilfried.Sibla@bosch-si.com [mailto:Wilfried.Sibla@bosch-si.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 26. Juni 2013 10:24
An: users@ace.apache.org
Betreff: AW: ACE client

Hi Marcel

With the discussed gogo commands I tried to learn how to use the ACE client java API.
For implementing our own customized ACE client (containing integration code for out other
services) is it recommended to use the plain java API or to "use" the REST ACE client?

Starting with using the java API worked quite good for my first steps.

If I would like to use the REST client, or at least the Workspace class, I would have setup
my one project(s) similar to the REST client. It would be nearly a copy of the REST client,
which I have to customize and extend to fit our needs.
Or what's your recommendation?

Danke und Grüße
Wilfried