ace-users mailing list archives

From <Wilfried.Si...@bosch-si.com>
Subject AW: ACE client
Date Wed, 26 Jun 2013 08:24:15 GMT
Hi Marcel

With the discussed gogo commands I tried to learn how to use the ACE client java API.
For implementing our own customized ACE client (containing integration code for out other
services) is it recommended to use the plain java API or to "use" the REST ACE client?

Starting with using the java API worked quite good for my first steps.

If I would like to use the REST client, or at least the Workspace class, I would have setup
my one project(s) similar to the REST client. It would be nearly a copy of the REST client,
which I have to customize and extend to fit our needs.
Or what's your recommendation?

Danke und Grüße
Wilfried

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Marcel Offermans [mailto:marcel.offermans@luminis.nl]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 26. Juni 2013 01:33
An: users@ace.apache.org
Betreff: Re: ACE client

On Jun 25, 2013, at 23:33 PM, Marcel Offermans <marcel.offermans@luminis.nl> wrote:
> On Jun 25, 2013, at 17:30 , Wilfried.Sibla@bosch-si.com wrote:
>
>> This was a good recommendation. I was able to implement a set of gogo commands to
work on the ACE repo.

> You're welcome!

Following up on this, I just created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACE-366 and added
a first implementation of a set of shell commands. I also created a wiki page with some short
documentation about it: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ACE/Gogo+Shell+client+API

I'm curious if this is similar to the shell commands you created and what you think about
it. I'm quite confident that the shell is a powerful way to script ACE.

Greetings, Marcel