ace-users mailing list archives

From <Wilfried.Si...@bosch-si.com>
Subject AW: ACE client
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2013 11:49:40 GMT
Thx Marcel

I already figured it out the the client is the vaadin client UI.

Got it to run as separate "modules"

Regards
Wilfried

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Marcel Offermans [mailto:marcel.offermans@luminis.nl]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 20. Juni 2013 13:10
An: users@ace.apache.org
Betreff: Re: ACE client

On Jun 20, 2013, at 13:04 PM, <Wilfried.Sibla@bosch-si.com> wrote:

> What is the purpose of the project run-client?
> Is this the run project providing the REST client?

Logically, the ACE architecture defines four nodes with different responsibilities:

1) The OBR, a repository that holds all artifacts and makes them accessible via a URL.
2) The server, which holds all meta-data and is the central point where targets and clients
connect to.
3) The client, which is responsible for manipulating the meta-data (via Web UI, REST or any
other client you create).
4) The target, with management agent, which is where the artifacts get deployed to.

For each we have a "run-" project, but since you often quickly want to run server, OBR and
client, we also have a "server-allinone" that is a combination of the three.

So, you can either run "server-allinone" (and a target), or run "server", "client" and "OBR"
(and a target).

Greetings, Marcel