ace-users mailing list archives

From <Wilfried.Si...@bosch-si.com>
Subject AW: ACE client
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2013 09:42:36 GMT
Thx a lot

I run the server-allinone as a server having the repos etc.

Implementing a small bundle, using the client API and service is ok.
But executing a certain operation is not as easy as using a JUnit test case.
But nevertheless, I will write a small bundle including the bndrun file and use the bundle
start method to test something...

Regards
Wilfried

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Marcel Offermans [mailto:marcel.offermans@luminis.nl]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 20. Juni 2013 11:26
An: users@ace.apache.org
Betreff: Re: ACE client

Hello Wilfried,

On Jun 20, 2013, at 10:57 AM, <Wilfried.Sibla@bosch-si.com> wrote:

> I want to play a little bit around with the JAVA client API (and of course with its implementation).
>
> Is there a way to test the API without an OSGi container?

Currently, no. The API is basically a set of OSGi services, so you need to be in a container
to talk to it. That is also how the Web UI and REST client API are built on top of the client
API.

> It would be nice to start with writing a simple JUnit test case etc.
> But I assume, that this isn't possible that simple.

It would always be an "integration test" because you need both the client API and a server
running somewhere (to checkout from and commit to). You could indeed, as Karl suggests, try
to use the "all in one" server with PojoSR if you really want to run it outside of an OSGi
container, but you might as well just setup an integration test then.

> Does anyone has a recommendation for this "play case"??

I would just write a bundle that talks to the client API, and run all of that in Eclipse with
Bndtools. Then you can just write code and immediately test it.

Another option, in the future, would be to leverage the GoGo shell and write scripts for that.
I'm currently toying around with that on my local machine, but I intend to commit that work
soon. What you can do yourself is also write your test code as one or more shell commands,
so you can quickly and interactively run such code from the shell.

Greetings, Marcel