ace-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: [ANN] ACE version 1.0.0 released
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2013 21:59:40 GMT
Hello Ryan,

Thanks for the kind words!

The "manual process" you refer to is probably the Web UI. There have been many discussions
about that. It seems everybody wants a different user interface to talk to ACE (interactively
or programmatically). You know we also have a REST API nowadays that you can talk to. In fact,
Bram and I have been toying around with some ideas for a "console/shell" based interface as
well, as that is probably an easy way to automate deployments.

To answer your question, I think it would be fairly easy to make a simply extension that imports
Karaf features, or any other way of defining dependencies. I know that for a project I'm doing
at my company, that uses ACE, we have written tools that take a "bndrun" file as the input
to automate deployment. In short, I think we already provide quite a few hooks that would
allow you to leverage that, and we would love to accept some patches in that area from people
that use Karaf (or other systems).

Greetings, Marcel