ace-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: ACE client
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2013 11:10:06 GMT
On Jun 20, 2013, at 13:04 PM, <Wilfried.Sibla@bosch-si.com> wrote:

> What is the purpose of the project run-client?
> Is this the run project providing the REST client?

Logically, the ACE architecture defines four nodes with different responsibilities:

1) The OBR, a repository that holds all artifacts and makes them accessible via a URL.
2) The server, which holds all meta-data and is the central point where targets and clients
connect to.
3) The client, which is responsible for manipulating the meta-data (via Web UI, REST or any
other client you create).
4) The target, with management agent, which is where the artifacts get deployed to.

For each we have a "run-" project, but since you often quickly want to run server, OBR and
client, we also have a "server-allinone" that is a combination of the three.

So, you can either run "server-allinone" (and a target), or run "server", "client" and "OBR"
(and a target).

Greetings, Marcel