ace-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From <Wilfried.Si...@bosch-si.com>
Subject AW: Ace binary dist 0.81
Date Thu, 16 May 2013 19:17:03 GMT
Hi Bram

I'm also registered to the mailing list since last week and we already had a 2-day workshop
with Marcel
And after reading this issue, I want to add some additional information to this

I had the same problem on trying to deploy the aries blueprint bundles.

The symbolic name of those bundles have some additional text behind the symbolic name. I don't
know, if this is allowed or not.....

Excerpt from manifest of org.apache.aries.blueprint-1.1.0.jar
Bundle-SymbolicName: org.apache.aries.blueprint;blueprint.graceperiod:
 =false

This can also cause an http error 400 because the resulting file name isn't allowed.

I don't know, if this problem could be fixed when a artifact is uploaded. ACE should be a
little more fault tolerant at this point.

Greeting
Wilfried



-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Bram de Kruijff [mailto:bdekruijff@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 16. Mai 2013 15:05
An: users@ace.apache.or
Betreff: Re: Ace binary dist 0.81

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 2:58 PM, Bruce Jackson <bruce@inqmobile.com> wrote:
> Thanks Bram. I think I know what the problem is then: on the server if I look into the
store directory I see the following structure:
>
> store/com/inqmobile/service/utils;singleton:=true
>
> ...which is not correct. That folder name should not contain the extra information about
the singleton type which its obviously getting from the bundle manifest. I would guess this
is because bundles generated by BND don't have these additional properties which are perfectly
valid if you have built your bundles as plugin projects in Eclipse, and thus this is an oversight.
>
> Is this a bug I should raise?
>

Definitely a bug! Please do raise it.

thanks,
Bram

ps. I found that the launcher help does not tell you you can also make it a little more verbose
to help you debug: java -Dlog=true -jar org.apache.ace.launcher.jar




> Thanks
>
> Bruce
>
> On 16 May 2013, at 13:50, Bram de Kruijff <bdekruijff@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 2:11 PM, Bruce Jackson <bruce@inqmobile.com> wrote:
>>> Thanks Bram, I've NEARLY got this working now. However, the one thing left to
sort out is the server config. The examples all assume that the server and target are running
on the same machine. From the conversation below, I've worked out how to point the target
to the server, but how to I tell the server what URL base/hostname it should use when providing
URLs to the targets?
>>>
>>> For example, on my server, if I double click the client and resolve the bundles
I get the following error:
>>>
>>> Deployment package does not resolve!
>>> Details:
>>> java.io.FileNotFoundException:
>>> http://localhost:8080/obr/com/inqmobile/service/utils;singleton:=tru
>>> e/com.inqmobile.service.utils;singleton:=true-1.0.1.201305161058.jar
>>>
>>> I assume this is because the URL localhost:8080 doesn't mean anything to the
target, and the server should be sending its hostname/port, for example my.server.com:8080.
>>>
>>
>> Ok, assuming you still run server-allinone.jar and thus where you say
>> "client" you mean "target".. ;)
>>
>> 1) No, this error is not because the url does not mean anything to
>> the target. If all goes well the target will receive a
>> DeploymentPackage containing all it needs from the server. Thus the
>> target does not need to know about where the original artifact was
>> located. It only talks to the server you specified in discovery.
>>
>> 2) The server will assemble the DeploymentPackage and will need to be
>> able to retreive the url from the /obr endpoint. So on the server you
>> should be able ta directly access
>> http://localhost:8080/obr/com/inqmobile/service/utils/com.inqmobile.service.utils-1.0.1.201305161058.jar.
>> Note I removes some stuff from the url, you can also verify the path
>> by inspecting the /store directory on disk where the fysical bundle
>> should reside.
>>
>> 3) The "verify" option in the UI is based on a very early c&p of the
>> Apache Felix resolver. It tries to verify whether a package will
>> resolve before you actually send it to the target. Having said so,
>> you now know as much about this functionality as I do and judging
>> from the filenotfound you pasted, there may be some regression there.
>>
>> I suggest bypassing it and just trying a very simple deployment that
>> includes felix shell or gogo so you get a prompt at the target
>> allowing you to inspect what is going on.
>>
>> greetz
>> Bram
>>
>>
>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Bruce
>>>
>>>
>>> On 16 May 2013, at 12:24, Bram de Kruijff <bdekruijff@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>> On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 12:52 PM, Bruce Jackson <bruce@inqmobile.com>
wrote:
>>>>> Yes, I'd guess that's correct, but per my email of yesterday, I don't
know where to find the launcher jar any more.
>>>>> It isn't produced when I build using the ant package-bin target.
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>> $ cd /root/of/checkout
>>>> $ cd build
>>>> $ ant deepclean build
>>>> $  cd ../org.apache.ace.launcher/generated/
>>>> $  ls -l
>>>>
>>>> grz
>>>> Bram
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>> On 16 May 2013, at 11:45, Bram de Kruijff <bdekruijff@gmail.com>
wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 12:22 PM, Bruce Jackson <bruce@inqmobile.com>
wrote:
>>>>>>> Hi Bram
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Further to the question of yesterday that you cleared up, its
not clear how you point the target to the Ace server. The docs say:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Usage: java -jar ace-launcher.jar [identification=<id>]
>>>>>>> [discovery=<ace-server>] [options...]
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> All known options are:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> identification: sets the target ID to use
>>>>>>> discovery: sets the ACE server to connect to
>>>>>>> agents: configures multiple management agents:
>>>>>>> agent-id,identification,discovery[;agent-id,identification,disco
>>>>>>> very]*
>>>>>>> fwOption: sets framework options for the OSGi framework to be
>>>>>>> created. This argument may be repeated
>>>>>>> help: prints this help message
>>>>>>> However, with the target.jar this doesn't work. I just get this:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> java -jar target.jar identification=MyTarget
>>>>>>> discovery=http:/myserver.mydomain.com:8080/
>>>>>>> ____________________________
>>>>>>> Welcome to Apache Felix Gogo
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> g! Started management agent.
>>>>>>> Target ID    : defaultTargetID
>>>>>>> Server       : http://localhost:8080
>>>>>>> Sync interval: 2000 ms
>>>>>>> Unaffected bundles will not be stopped during deployment.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> So, neither the TargetID or the Server are being picked up correctly.
What is the correct way to configure the target?
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Hmm.. guessing this is caused by the way these dist are now
>>>>>> packaged using bndpackage as I explained here [0]. Use the
>>>>>> regular artifact and you should be fine;
>>>>>>
>>>>>> /path/to/ace-trunk/org.apache.ace.launcher/generated$ java -jar
>>>>>> org.apache.ace.launcher.jar identification=MyTarget
>>>>>> discovery=http:/myserver.mydomain.com:8080
>>>>>> Started management agent.
>>>>>> Target ID    : MyTarget
>>>>>> Server       : http:/myserver.mydomain.com:8080/
>>>>>> Sync interval: 2000 ms
>>>>>> Unaffected bundles will not be stopped during deployment.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> grz
>>>>>> Bram
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> [0]
>>>>>> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ace-users/201305.mbox/br
>>>>>> owser
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Thanks
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Bruce
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 8:29 AM, Bruce Jackson <bruce@inqmobile.com>
wrote:
>>>>>>>>> Thanks Bram, thats very helpful.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Can I specify the target id for my targets in config
files, or are they always auto-allocated?
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Yes you can. By design this is all pluggable and one could
>>>>>>>> employ all kinds of strategies. This agent has property based
>>>>>>>> identification & discovery that can be set on the command
line.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> $ java -jar generated/org.apache.ace.launcher.jar help Apache
>>>>>>>> ACE Launcher
>>>>>>>> Usage:
>>>>>>>> java -jar ace-launcher.jar [identification=<id>]
>>>>>>>> [discovery=<ace-server>] [options...] All known options
are:
>>>>>>>> agents: configures multiple management agents:
>>>>>>>> agent-id,identification,discovery[;agent-id,identification,disc
>>>>>>>> overy]*
>>>>>>>> auth: point to the properties file containing the
>>>>>>>> authentication credentials for a certain subsystem:
>>>>>>>> <dir/file/url>
>>>>>>>> discovery: sets the ACE server to connect to
>>>>>>>> id(?:entification)?: sets the target ID to use
>>>>>>>> bundle: adds an additional bundle to be started with this
>>>>>>>> management
>>>>>>>> agent: bundle=my.fully.qualified.BundleActivator
>>>>>>>> fwOption: sets framework options for the OSGi framework to
be
>>>>>>>> created. This argument may be repeated
>>>>>>>> help: prints this help message
>>>>>>>> Example:
>>>>>>>> java -jar ace-launcher.jar identification=MyTarget
>>>>>>>> discovery=http://provisioning.company.com:8080
>>>>>>>> fwOption=org.osgi.framework.system.packages.extra=sun.misc,com.
>>>>>>>> sun.management
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Note that I recently proposed a new agent [0], found in
>>>>>>>> projects "org.apache.ace.agent[.launcher]" , that aims to
be
>>>>>>>> simpler, more configurable and easier to extend. However,
that
>>>>>>>> is still bleeding edge and not included in the default build
>>>>>>>> yet ;)
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> greetz
>>>>>>>> Bram
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> [0] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACE-347
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Best regards
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Bruce
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> On 15 May 2013, at 18:09, Bram de Kruijff <bdekruijff@gmail.com>
wrote:
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Hi Bruce,
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> welcome to ACE! :)
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 6:18 PM, Bruce Jackson <bruce@inqmobile.com>
wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>> Hi Christian
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> Ok, I've done that now, and built everything
using the instructions on that page. These are also incorrect: the steps:
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> ant -f bin-build.xml package and
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> $ cd generated/ace-devserver $ sh run.sh
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> do not work, as the file bin-build.xml doesn't
exist. However, I do get a binary zip in the generated folder if I build using:
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> ant package-bin
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> However, the binary this builds also does not
have any information on how to start everything up, but using common sense, I can go into
the server-allinone and run:
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> java -jar server-allinone.jar
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Correct, good catch. As you have noticed by now the
build has
>>>>>>>>>> undergone significant changes and the docs needs
some close attention.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> and can then access the web console at localhost:8080/ace
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> I can also go to the client folder and run:
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> java -jar client
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> However, I never see the client appear in the
web console. How do I configure the client to point to the server?
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> The "client" is an infrastructural component just
like the "server".
>>>>>>>>>> When you start the server-allinone.jar" that actually
>>>>>>>>>> contains the "client". This is for convenience as
they can
>>>>>>>>>> also be deployed independently. What you are looking
for is a "target".
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> $ cd ../target
>>>>>>>>>> $ java -jar target-jar
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Now in the right column of the UI you should see
a "defaultTargetId"
>>>>>>>>>> appear which means your target is running and ready
to
>>>>>>>>>> receive deployment packages.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Regards,
>>>>>>>>>> Bram
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> Thanks
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> Bruce
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> On 15 May 2013, at 16:52, Christian Vogel <contact@christian-vogel.info>
wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> Hi Bruce,
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> the version you want to download is pretty
old and it is
>>>>>>>>>>>> highly recommend to download the sources
and build your
>>>>>>>>>>>> dist of the latest version. There were a
lot of
>>>>>>>>>>>> improvements and we try to come out with
a new release
>>>>>>>>>>>> soon, where we also update the website
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> A HowTo can be found here:
>>>>>>>>>>>> http://ace.apache.org/dev-doc/getting-started.html
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> Cheers,
>>>>>>>>>>>> Christian
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> On 15.05.2013 17:25, Bruce Jackson wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hi All
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> New to Ace but not OSGi. The instruction
for getting started suggest getting a binary release, however none of the links to the 0.81
full actually work. If I browse the archives, I can find a release, but this appears to be
a source release. I can try to build this using mvn install, but after much compiling etc,
I'm still left in the dark: I don't know what its done, or where its actually put the binaries.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Thanks
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bruce
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> This e-mail is only intended for the
person(s) to whom it is addressed and may contain CONFIDENTIAL information. Any opinions or
views are personal to the writer and do not represent those of INQ Mobile Limited, Hutchison
Whampoa Limited or its group companies.  If you  are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any use, retention, disclosure, copying, printing, forwarding or dissemination
of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this  communication in
error, please erase all copies of the message and its  attachments and notify the sender immediately.
INQ Mobile Limited is  a company registered in the British Virgin Islands. www.inqmobile.com.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> This e-mail is only intended for the person(s)
to whom it is addressed and may contain CONFIDENTIAL information. Any opinions or views are
personal to the writer and do not represent those of INQ Mobile Limited, Hutchison Whampoa
Limited or its group companies.  If you  are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any use, retention, disclosure, copying, printing, forwarding or dissemination of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this  communication in error, please
erase all copies of the message and its  attachments and notify the sender immediately. INQ
Mobile Limited is  a company registered in the British Virgin Islands. www.inqmobile.com.
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> This e-mail is only intended for the person(s) to whom
it is addressed and may contain CONFIDENTIAL information. Any opinions or views are personal
to the writer and do not represent those of INQ Mobile Limited, Hutchison Whampoa Limited
or its group companies.  If you  are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any use, retention, disclosure, copying, printing, forwarding or dissemination of this communication
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this  communication in error, please erase all
copies of the message and its  attachments and notify the sender immediately. INQ Mobile Limited
is  a company registered in the British Virgin Islands. www.inqmobile.com.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> This e-mail is only intended for the person(s) to whom it is
addressed and may contain CONFIDENTIAL information. Any opinions or views are personal to
the writer and do not represent those of INQ Mobile Limited, Hutchison Whampoa Limited or
its group companies.  If you  are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any use, retention, disclosure, copying, printing, forwarding or dissemination of this communication
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this  communication in error, please erase all
copies of the message and its  attachments and notify the sender immediately. INQ Mobile Limited
is  a company registered in the British Virgin Islands. www.inqmobile.com.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> This e-mail is only intended for the person(s) to whom it is addressed
and may contain CONFIDENTIAL information. Any opinions or views are personal to the writer
and do not represent those of INQ Mobile Limited, Hutchison Whampoa Limited or its group companies.
 If you  are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, retention,
disclosure, copying, printing, forwarding or dissemination of this communication is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this  communication in error, please erase all copies of
the message and its  attachments and notify the sender immediately. INQ Mobile Limited is
 a company registered in the British Virgin Islands. www.inqmobile.com.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> This e-mail is only intended for the person(s) to whom it is addressed and may
contain CONFIDENTIAL information. Any opinions or views are personal to the writer and do
not represent those of INQ Mobile Limited, Hutchison Whampoa Limited or its group companies.
 If you  are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, retention,
disclosure, copying, printing, forwarding or dissemination of this communication is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this  communication in error, please erase all copies of
the message and its  attachments and notify the sender immediately. INQ Mobile Limited is
 a company registered in the British Virgin Islands. www.inqmobile.com.
>>>
>>>
>
>
>
>
> This e-mail is only intended for the person(s) to whom it is addressed and may contain
CONFIDENTIAL information. Any opinions or views are personal to the writer and do not represent
those of INQ Mobile Limited, Hutchison Whampoa Limited or its group companies.  If you  are
not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, retention, disclosure, copying,
printing, forwarding or dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this  communication in error, please erase all copies of the message and its
 attachments and notify the sender immediately. INQ Mobile Limited is  a company registered
in the British Virgin Islands. www.inqmobile.com.
>
>
>

Mime
View raw message