ace-users mailing list archives

From Bruce Jackson <br...@inqmobile.com>
Subject Re: Ace binary dist 0.81
Date Thu, 16 May 2013 12:58:24 GMT
Thanks Bram. I think I know what the problem is then: on the server if I look into the store
directory I see the following structure:

store/com/inqmobile/service/utils;singleton:=true

...which is not correct. That folder name should not contain the extra information about the
singleton type which its obviously getting from the bundle manifest. I would guess this is
because bundles generated by BND don't have these additional properties which are perfectly
valid if you have built your bundles as plugin projects in Eclipse, and thus this is an oversight.

Is this a bug I should raise?

Thanks

Bruce

On 16 May 2013, at 13:50, Bram de Kruijff <bdekruijff@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 2:11 PM, Bruce Jackson <bruce@inqmobile.com> wrote:
>> Thanks Bram, I've NEARLY got this working now. However, the one thing left to sort
out is the server config. The examples all assume that the server and target are running on
the same machine. From the conversation below, I've worked out how to point the target to
the server, but how to I tell the server what URL base/hostname it should use when providing
URLs to the targets?

>> For example, on my server, if I double click the client and resolve the bundles I
get the following error:

>> Deployment package does not resolve!
>> Details:
>> java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://localhost:8080/obr/com/inqmobile/service/utils;singleton:=true/com.inqmobile.service.utils;singleton:=true-1.0.1.201305161058.jar
>>
>> I assume this is because the URL localhost:8080 doesn't mean anything to the target,
and the server should be sending its hostname/port, for example my.server.com:8080.

> Ok, assuming you still run server-allinone.jar and thus where you say
> "client" you mean "target".. ;)
>
> 1) No, this error is not because the url does not mean anything to the
> target. If all goes well the target will receive a DeploymentPackage
> containing all it needs from the server. Thus the target does not need
> to know about where the original artifact was located. It only talks
> to the server you specified in discovery.
>
> 2) The server will assemble the DeploymentPackage and will need to be
> able to retreive the url from the /obr endpoint. So on the server you
> should be able ta directly access
> http://localhost:8080/obr/com/inqmobile/service/utils/com.inqmobile.service.utils-1.0.1.201305161058.jar.
> Note I removes some stuff from the url, you can also verify the path
> by inspecting the /store directory on disk where the fysical bundle
> should reside.
>
> 3) The "verify" option in the UI is based on a very early c&p of the
> Apache Felix resolver. It tries to verify whether a package will
> resolve before you actually send it to the target. Having said so, you
> now know as much about this functionality as I do and judging from the
> filenotfound you pasted, there may be some regression there.
>
> I suggest bypassing it and just trying a very simple deployment that
> includes felix shell or gogo so you get a prompt at the target
> allowing you to inspect what is going on.
>
> greetz
> Bram
>

>> Thanks
>>
>> Bruce

where to find the launcher jar any more.

>>> $ cd /root/of/checkout
>>> $ cd build
>>> $ ant deepclean build
>>> $  cd ../org.apache.ace.launcher/generated/
>>> $  ls -l
>>>
>>> grz
>>> Bram

clear how you point the target to the Ace server. The docs say:

This argument may be repeated

What is the correct way to configure the target?

or are they always auto-allocated?

the instructions on that page. These are also incorrect: the steps:

However, I do get a binary zip in the generated folder if I build using:

any information on how to start everything up, but using common sense, I can go into the server-allinone
and run:

console. How do I configure the client to point to the server?

and it is highly recommend to download the sources and build your dist of the latest version.
There were a lot of improvements and we try to come out with a new release soon, where we
also update the website

for getting started suggest getting a binary release, however none of the links to the 0.81
full actually work. If I browse the archives, I can find a release, but this appears to be
a source release. I can try to build this using mvn install, but after much compiling etc,
I'm still left in the dark: I don't know what its done, or where its actually put the binaries.

to whom it is addressed and may contain CONFIDENTIAL information. Any opinions or views are
personal to the writer and do not represent those of INQ Mobile Limited, Hutchison Whampoa
Limited or its group companies.  If you  are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any use, retention, disclosure, copying, printing, forwarding or dissemination of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this  communication in error, please
erase all copies of the message and its  attachments and notify the sender immediately. INQ
Mobile Limited is  a company registered in the British Virgin Islands. www.inqmobile.com.