ace-users mailing list archives

From Bram Pouwelse <b...@pouwelse.com>
Subject My first impression of ace
Date Tue, 28 May 2013 18:21:29 GMT
Hi,

In the last few weeks we've started using ace for a project as an attempt
to simplify the deployment procedure for one of our applications. And it
certainly has the potential to do that!
But the last few days we're doing a lot of "snapshot" releases (remove
bundle -> store -> purge from repo -> add bundle -> store).
This does the job but isn't there an easier way to replace a bundle in the
repo?

Besides that in the past 2 days ace stopped updating the target. After
removing a bundle from the artifact list and a "store" the bundle is not
removed from the target.

I've tried to fix this by: (no luck)
 - Restarting the ace server
 - Restarting the agent on the target
 - Restarting the target (without clean)
 - Restarting the target in a clean state (this resulted in a target
without bundles provisioned by ace)

What did work was removing the contents from the bundle-cache folder, but
after removing I need to  define features and distributions again.

What would be the best way to find out why the target isn't updated
anymore?

This was all using the server-allinone jar built from trunk 2 weeks ago,
today I've updated to the latest version. (then again I needed to remove
the bundle-cache and my config is gome).

Thanks for creating ace!

Bram