ace-users mailing list archives

From Bram de Kruijff <bdekrui...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ace binary dist 0.81
Date Thu, 16 May 2013 20:10:48 GMT
ps https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACE-350

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 10:05 PM, Bram de Kruijff <bdekruijff@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Wilfried,
>
> Welcome to the list! Marcel told me about his trip, but I honestly did
> not believe him until now :)
>
> On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 9:17 PM,  <Wilfried.Sibla@bosch-si.com> wrote:
>> Hi Bram
>>
>> I'm also registered to the mailing list since last week and we already had a 2-day
workshop with Marcel
>> And after reading this issue, I want to add some additional information to this
>>
>> I had the same problem on trying to deploy the aries blueprint bundles.
>>
>> The symbolic name of those bundles have some additional text behind the symbolic
name. I don't know, if this is allowed or not.....

> Yes, this is valid. I just looked it up and found it in section 3.6.2
> of the OSGi 4.2 spec at page 46.
>
>> Excerpt from manifest of org.apache.aries.blueprint-1.1.0.jar
>> Bundle-SymbolicName: org.apache.aries.blueprint;blueprint.graceperiod:
>>  =false
>>
>> This can also cause an http error 400 because the resulting file name isn't allowed.
>>
>> I don't know, if this problem could be fixed when a artifact is uploaded. ACE should
be a little more fault tolerant at this point.

> I agree and I think it will not be very hard to fix. Just need to find
> some time..
>

> Best Regards,
> Bram
>

>> Greeting
>> Wilfried
>>

>> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

into the store directory I see the following structure:

>>> store/com/inqmobile/service/utils;singleton:=true
>>>
>>> ...which is not correct. That folder name should not contain the extra information
about the singleton type which its obviously getting from the bundle manifest. I would guess
this is because bundles generated by BND don't have these additional properties which are
perfectly valid if you have built your bundles as plugin projects in Eclipse, and thus this
is an oversight.

>>> Is this a bug I should raise?
>>>

>> Definitely a bug! Please do raise it.
>>
>> thanks,
>> Bram
>>
>> ps. I found that the launcher help does not tell you you can also make it a little
more verbose to help you debug: java -Dlog=true -jar org.apache.ace.launcher.jar

>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Bruce

left to sort out is the server config. The examples all assume that the server and target
are running on the same machine. From the conversation below, I've worked out how to point
the target to the server, but how to I tell the server what URL base/hostname it should use
when providing URLs to the targets?

bundles I get the following error:

to the target, and the server should be sending its hostname/port, for example my.server.com:8080.

I don't know where to find the launcher jar any more.

up, its not clear how you point the target to the Ace server. The docs say:

up correctly. What is the correct way to configure the target?

config files, or are they always auto-allocated?

one could
the command line.

options are:

However, that

<bruce@inqmobile.com> wrote:
> [...]
using the instructions on that page. These are also incorrect: the steps:

doesn't exist. However, I do get a binary zip in the generated folder if I build using:

does not have any information on how to start everything up, but using common sense, I can
go into the server-allinone and run:

by now the build has
needs some close attention.

localhost:8080/ace

run:

in the web console. How do I configure the client to point to the server?

just like the "server".
actually
as they can
are looking for is a "target".

see a "defaultTargetId"
and ready to

<contact@christian-vogel.info> wrote:

> [...]
is pretty old and it is
sources and build your
were a lot of
with a new release

wrote:
> [...]
instruction for getting started suggest getting a binary release, however none of the links
to the 0.81 full actually work. If I browse the archives, I can find a release, but this appears
to be a source release. I can try to build this using mvn install, but after much compiling
etc, I'm still left in the dark: I don't know what its done, or where its actually put the
binaries.

for the person(s) to whom it is addressed and may contain CONFIDENTIAL information. Any opinions
or views are personal to the writer and do not represent those of INQ Mobile Limited, Hutchison
Whampoa Limited or its group companies.  If you  are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any use, retention, disclosure, copying, printing, forwarding or dissemination
of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this  communication in
error, please erase all copies of the message and its  attachments and notify the sender immediately.
INQ Mobile Limited is  a company registered in the British Virgin Islands. www.inqmobile.com.