ace-users mailing list archives

From Bram de Kruijff <bdekrui...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ace binary dist 0.81
Date Thu, 16 May 2013 12:50:16 GMT
On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 2:11 PM, Bruce Jackson <bruce@inqmobile.com> wrote:
> Thanks Bram, I've NEARLY got this working now. However, the one thing left to sort out
is the server config. The examples all assume that the server and target are running on the
same machine. From the conversation below, I've worked out how to point the target to the
server, but how to I tell the server what URL base/hostname it should use when providing URLs
to the targets?

> For example, on my server, if I double click the client and resolve the bundles I get
the following error:

> Deployment package does not resolve!
> Details:
> java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://localhost:8080/obr/com/inqmobile/service/utils;singleton:=true/com.inqmobile.service.utils;singleton:=true-1.0.1.201305161058.jar
>
> I assume this is because the URL localhost:8080 doesn't mean anything to the target,
and the server should be sending its hostname/port, for example my.server.com:8080.

Ok, assuming you still run server-allinone.jar and thus where you say
"client" you mean "target".. ;)

1) No, this error is not because the url does not mean anything to the
target. If all goes well the target will receive a DeploymentPackage
containing all it needs from the server. Thus the target does not need
to know about where the original artifact was located. It only talks
to the server you specified in discovery.

2) The server will assemble the DeploymentPackage and will need to be
able to retreive the url from the /obr endpoint. So on the server you
should be able ta directly access
http://localhost:8080/obr/com/inqmobile/service/utils/com.inqmobile.service.utils-1.0.1.201305161058.jar.
Note I removes some stuff from the url, you can also verify the path
by inspecting the /store directory on disk where the fysical bundle
should reside.

3) The "verify" option in the UI is based on a very early c&p of the
Apache Felix resolver. It tries to verify whether a package will
resolve before you actually send it to the target. Having said so, you
now know as much about this functionality as I do and judging from the
filenotfound you pasted, there may be some regression there.

I suggest bypassing it and just trying a very simple deployment that
includes felix shell or gogo so you get a prompt at the target
allowing you to inspect what is going on.

greetz
Bram

> Thanks
>
> Bruce
>

> On 16 May 2013, at 12:24, Bram de Kruijff <bdekruijff@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 12:52 PM, Bruce Jackson <bruce@inqmobile.com> wrote:
>>> Yes, I'd guess that's correct, but per my email of yesterday, I don't know where
to find the launcher jar any more.
>>> It isn't produced when I build using the ant package-bin target.
>>>

>> $ cd /root/of/checkout
>> $ cd build
>> $ ant deepclean build
>> $  cd ../org.apache.ace.launcher/generated/
>> $  ls -l
>>
>> grz
>> Bram

how you point the target to the Ace server. The docs say:

This argument may be repeated

What is the correct way to configure the target?

are they always auto-allocated?

instructions on that page. These are also incorrect: the steps:

However, I do get a binary zip in the generated folder if I build using:

information on how to start everything up, but using common sense, I can go into the server-allinone
and run:

How do I configure the client to point to the server?

it is highly recommend to download the sources and build your dist of the latest version.
There were a lot of improvements and we try to come out with a new release soon, where we
also update the website

getting started suggest getting a binary release, however none of the links to the 0.81 full
actually work. If I browse the archives, I can find a release, but this appears to be a source
release. I can try to build this using mvn install, but after much compiling etc, I'm still
left in the dark: I don't know what its done, or where its actually put the binaries.

to whom it is addressed and may contain CONFIDENTIAL information. Any opinions or views are
personal to the writer and do not represent those of INQ Mobile Limited, Hutchison Whampoa
Limited or its group companies.  If you  are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any use, retention, disclosure, copying, printing, forwarding or dissemination of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this  communication in error, please
erase all copies of the message and its  attachments and notify the sender immediately. INQ
Mobile Limited is  a company registered in the British Virgin Islands. www.inqmobile.com.