ace-users mailing list archives

From Bram de Kruijff <bdekrui...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ace binary dist 0.81
Date Thu, 16 May 2013 10:45:17 GMT
On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 12:22 PM, Bruce Jackson <bruce@inqmobile.com> wrote:
> Hi Bram
>
> Further to the question of yesterday that you cleared up, its not clear how you point
the target to the Ace server. The docs say:

> Usage: java -jar ace-launcher.jar [identification=<id>] [discovery=<ace-server>]
[options...]

> All known options are:
>
> identification: sets the target ID to use
> discovery: sets the ACE server to connect to
> agents: configures multiple management agents: agent-id,identification,discovery[;agent-id,identification,discovery]*
> fwOption: sets framework options for the OSGi framework to be created. This argument
may be repeated
> help: prints this help message
> However, with the target.jar this doesn't work. I just get this:
>
> java -jar target.jar identification=MyTarget discovery=http:/myserver.mydomain.com:8080/
> ____________________________
> Welcome to Apache Felix Gogo
>
> g! Started management agent.
>   Target ID    : defaultTargetID
>   Server       : http://localhost:8080
>   Sync interval: 2000 ms
>   Unaffected bundles will not be stopped during deployment.
>
> So, neither the TargetID or the Server are being picked up correctly. What is the correct
way to configure the target?

Hmm.. guessing this is caused by the way these dist are now packaged
using bndpackage as I explained here [0]. Use the regular artifact and
you should be fine;

/path/to/ace-trunk/org.apache.ace.launcher/generated$ java -jar
org.apache.ace.launcher.jar identification=MyTarget
discovery=http:/myserver.mydomain.com:8080
Started management agent.
  Target ID    : MyTarget
  Server       : http:/myserver.mydomain.com:8080/
  Sync interval: 2000 ms
  Unaffected bundles will not be stopped during deployment.

grz
Bram

[0] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ace-users/201305.mbox/browser

> Thanks
>
> Bruce
>
>> On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 8:29 AM, Bruce Jackson <bruce@inqmobile.com> wrote:
>>> Thanks Bram, thats very helpful.
>>>
>>> Can I specify the target id for my targets in config files, or are they always
auto-allocated?

>> Yes you can. By design this is all pluggable and one could employ all
>> kinds of strategies. This agent has property based identification &
>> discovery that can be set on the command line.
>>
>> $ java -jar generated/org.apache.ace.launcher.jar help
>> Apache ACE Launcher
>> Usage:
>>  java -jar ace-launcher.jar [identification=<id>]
>> [discovery=<ace-server>] [options...]
>> All known options are:
>>  agents: configures multiple management agents:
>> agent-id,identification,discovery[;agent-id,identification,discovery]*
>>  auth: point to the properties file containing the authentication
>> credentials for a certain subsystem: <dir/file/url>
>>  discovery: sets the ACE server to connect to
>>  id(?:entification)?: sets the target ID to use
>>  bundle: adds an additional bundle to be started with this management
>> agent: bundle=my.fully.qualified.BundleActivator
>>  fwOption: sets framework options for the OSGi framework to be
>> created. This argument may be repeated
>>  help: prints this help message
>> Example:
>>  java -jar ace-launcher.jar identification=MyTarget
>> discovery=http://provisioning.company.com:8080
>> fwOption=org.osgi.framework.system.packages.extra=sun.misc,com.sun.management
>>

>> Note that I recently proposed a new agent [0], found in projects
>> "org.apache.ace.agent[.launcher]" , that aims to be simpler, more
>> configurable and easier to extend. However, that is still bleeding
>> edge and not included in the default build yet ;)
>>
>> greetz
>> Bram
>>
>> [0] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACE-347
>>
>>> Best regards
>>>
>>> Bruce

that page. These are also incorrect: the steps:

a binary zip in the generated folder if I build using:

how to start everything up, but using common sense, I can go into the server-allinone and
run:

the client to point to the server?

to download the sources and build your dist of the latest version. There were a lot of improvements
and we try to come out with a new release soon, where we also update the website

suggest getting a binary release, however none of the links to the 0.81 full actually work.
If I browse the archives, I can find a release, but this appears to be a source release. I
can try to build this using mvn install, but after much compiling etc, I'm still left in the
dark: I don't know what its done, or where its actually put the binaries.

addressed and may contain CONFIDENTIAL information. Any opinions or views are personal to
the writer and do not represent those of INQ Mobile Limited, Hutchison Whampoa Limited or
its group companies.  If you  are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any use, retention, disclosure, copying, printing, forwarding or dissemination of this communication
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this  communication in error, please erase all
copies of the message and its  attachments and notify the sender immediately. INQ Mobile Limited
is  a company registered in the British Virgin Islands. www.inqmobile.com.