ace-users mailing list archives

From Bruce Jackson <br...@inqmobile.com>
Subject Re: Ace binary dist 0.81
Date Thu, 16 May 2013 12:11:41 GMT
Thanks Bram, I've NEARLY got this working now. However, the one thing left to sort out is the
server config. The examples all assume that the server and target are running on the same
machine. From the conversation below, I've worked out how to point the target to the server,
but how to I tell the server what URL base/hostname it should use when providing URLs to the
targets?

For example, on my server, if I double click the client and resolve the bundles I get the
following error:

Deployment package does not resolve!
Details:
java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://localhost:8080/obr/com/inqmobile/service/utils;singleton:=true/com.inqmobile.service.utils;singleton:=true-1.0.1.201305161058.jar

I assume this is because the URL localhost:8080 doesn't mean anything to the target, and the
server should be sending its hostname/port, for example my.server.com:8080.

Thanks

Bruce

On 16 May 2013, at 12:24, Bram de Kruijff <bdekruijff@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 12:52 PM, Bruce Jackson <bruce@inqmobile.com> wrote:
>> Yes, I'd guess that's correct, but per my email of yesterday, I don't know where
to find the launcher jar any more.
>> It isn't produced when I build using the ant package-bin target.
>>

> $ cd /root/of/checkout
> $ cd build
> $ ant deepclean build
> $  cd ../org.apache.ace.launcher/generated/
> $  ls -l
>
> grz
> Bram

you point the target to the Ace server. The docs say:

is the correct way to configure the target?

>>> Hmm.. guessing this is caused by the way these dist are now packaged
>>> using bndpackage as I explained here [0]. Use the regular artifact and
>>> you should be fine;
>>>
>>> /path/to/ace-trunk/org.apache.ace.launcher/generated$ java -jar
>>> org.apache.ace.launcher.jar identification=MyTarget
>>> discovery=http:/myserver.mydomain.com:8080
>>> Started management agent.
>>> Target ID    : MyTarget
>>> Server       : http:/myserver.mydomain.com:8080/
>>> Sync interval: 2000 ms
>>> Unaffected bundles will not be stopped during deployment.
>>>

>>> grz
>>> Bram
>>>

>>> [0] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ace-users/201305.mbox/browser

on that page. These are also incorrect: the steps:

I do get a binary zip in the generated folder if I build using:

on how to start everything up, but using common sense, I can go into the server-allinone and
run:

How do I configure the client to point to the server?

is highly recommend to download the sources and build your dist of the latest version. There
were a lot of improvements and we try to come out with a new release soon, where we also update
the website

started suggest getting a binary release, however none of the links to the 0.81 full actually
work. If I browse the archives, I can find a release, but this appears to be a source release.
I can try to build this using mvn install, but after much compiling etc, I'm still left in
the dark: I don't know what its done, or where its actually put the binaries.

whom it is addressed and may contain CONFIDENTIAL information. Any opinions or views are personal
to the writer and do not represent those of INQ Mobile Limited, Hutchison Whampoa Limited
or its group companies.  If you  are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any use, retention, disclosure, copying, printing, forwarding or dissemination of this communication
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this  communication in error, please erase all
copies of the message and its  attachments and notify the sender immediately. INQ Mobile Limited
is  a company registered in the British Virgin Islands. www.inqmobile.com.