ace-users mailing list archives

From Dan Gravell <elstensoftw...@googlemail.com>
Subject Using the management interface to deploy distros to targets
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2013 11:50:10 GMT
Hi all. I just built and ran up the latest version of the server from SVN
trunk. I've got some questions... mainly about the UI.

What do "retrieve", "store" and "revert" do? Is there some notion of local,
uncommitted data?

How do I uninstall a distro from an agent? "-" buttons do nothing. "x"
removes a target but then it re-appears, disassociated. Even though it
appears disassociated to the distro the bundles are still installed on the
target.

Similarly, I want to remove a distro and add a new distro, to simulate a
new release of my product. I expect this is related to how to uninstall...
but how do I do this?

The "identification" of an agent - how is this normally populated? I assume
people don't leave it as "target-1". Any ideas on how to make this work for
thousands of targets?

I have a set of beta users. I want to be able to offer the latest beta
distro to the beta users, and the latest GA release to everyone else.
What's the best way of doing this... different servers or a way of
parameterising?

After a while I can't use the UI anymore, I get "Session Expired". Even
when I log back in I get the same message and this redirects me back to
login page. I can log in via incognito mode instead.

Dan