ace-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: bug in DeploymentPackageTask on Windows
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2013 21:39:27 GMT
Hello Peter,

Yes, please create a Jira issue for this and attach the patch to it! And thanks for contributing
it.

Greetings, Marcel

On Mar 7, 2013, at 22:29 PM, peter <lists@heuvelop.nl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Running the DeploymentPackageTask on Windows leads to the this weird error: "Error building
deployment package: C" ....?

> This is caused by a file URL that is constructed in a platform dependent way that does
not work in windows. The "C" in the message comes from the root cause: UnknownHostException
;-).

> The platform independent way is to use File.toURI().toURL(). I attached a patch (tested
on windows and osx).

> This patch also includes a warning when no files were selected, which, in cases no files
are found, is a lot more usefull than logging the files that are found ;-) (especially for
newbies)