ace-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: ace agent docs
Date Thu, 28 Mar 2013 18:35:44 GMT
Hello Marcos,

On Mar 28, 2013, at 14:16 PM, Marcos Mendez <marcos@jitisoft.com> wrote:

> New to this project and I think this is going to rock.
>
> I'm looking for documentation on how to manage the different frameworks (eclipse, felix
... karaf, geronimo, virgo). Is there an agent bundle that I can install to tie it into the
target deployment? Is there a full example that I can go thru, end to end?

We have a bundle called the management agent, more precisely: org.apache.ace.managementagent
and that is something you should be able to drop into an existing framework.

As you might have seen, we also have a launcher, that embeds this management agent. It launches
the framework implementation using the Launcher API (an OSGI standard). So adapting that for
other frameworks should be fairly easy as well.

As far as examples go, we have a very simple one:

http://ace.apache.org/user-doc/getting-started.html

Greetings, Marcel