ace-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: Specifying target system
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2013 11:04:06 GMT
On Feb 14, 2013, at 11:46 , Mihael Schmidt <mschmidt@sgbs.de> wrote:

> Thanx for the hint with the help parameter but sorry I still don't get it.
>
> Perhaps an example helps:
>
> I got a Glassfish installation which contains an Apache Felix Instance. How do I deploy
from ACE to that OSGi (Felix) instance?

Ok, the example I have was about starting the launcher we supply, which is basically an instance
of Apache Felix + our ACE management agent. The latter is also available as a bundle and that
is what you should use when you want to deploy bundles into an existing container (such as
in the case you describe above).

> I don't see the connection from ACE to that system.
>
> What I did so far was adding bundles/artifacts and assigned them to a feature and assigned
that feature to a distribution. Next steps?

So take the org.apache.ace.managementagent.jar (this is a normal OSGi bundle) and deploy it
inside your Glassfish container. It has some dependencies (imports) but those should be easy
to resolve (if not already available, I don't know Glassfish that well).

This bundle can be configured using system properties for "identification" and "discovery"
similar to the launcher I described before.

If that works, you should see a target with the name you supplied for "identification" show
up in the UI, and you can associate a distribution with it.

Greetings, Marcel