ace-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: Ace agent
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2013 11:05:42 GMT
Hello Simone,

The identity of a target is provided by a service called Identification, the API can be found
in org.apache.ace.identification.api and we provide a default implementation that is indeed
based on a property. You can just write your own implementation though.

The next step to take is to make sure that your new implementation is actually used in the
management agent. The management agent in ACE actually consists of a couple of bundles working
together. However, to make it easier to work with, we created a bundle called "management
agent" which is actually an assembly of those bundles. We literally instantiate the bundle
activators of the other bundles from that one, and invoke start/stop on them. So to "bake"
your new bundle into that one, you need to make a change there too.

Greetings, Marcel