ace-users mailing list archives

From Mihael Schmidt <mschm...@sgbs.de>
Subject Re: Specifying target system
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2013 11:11:47 GMT
Thanx. That clears it up.

Best Regards

Mihael

On 14.02.2013 12:04, Marcel Offermans wrote:
> On Feb 14, 2013, at 11:46 , Mihael Schmidt<mschmidt@sgbs.de>  wrote:
>
>> Thanx for the hint with the help parameter but sorry I still don't get it.
>>
>> Perhaps an example helps:
>>
>> I got a Glassfish installation which contains an Apache Felix Instance. How do I
deploy from ACE to that OSGi (Felix) instance?

> Ok, the example I have was about starting the launcher we supply, which is basically
an instance of Apache Felix + our ACE management agent. The latter is also available as a
bundle and that is what you should use when you want to deploy bundles into an existing container
(such as in the case you describe above).

>> I don't see the connection from ACE to that system.
>>
>> What I did so far was adding bundles/artifacts and assigned them to a feature and
assigned that feature to a distribution. Next steps?

> So take the org.apache.ace.managementagent.jar (this is a normal OSGi bundle) and deploy
it inside your Glassfish container. It has some dependencies (imports) but those should be
easy to resolve (if not already available, I don't know Glassfish that well).

> This bundle can be configured using system properties for "identification" and "discovery"
similar to the launcher I described before.

> If that works, you should see a target with the name you supplied for "identification"
show up in the UI, and you can associate a distribution with it.

--

Schulz Gebäudeservice GmbH & Co. KG
Dr.-Max-Ilgner-Straße 17