ace-users mailing list archives

From Mihael Schmidt <mschm...@sgbs.de>
Subject Re: Specifying target system
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2013 10:46:10 GMT
Thanx for the hint with the help parameter but sorry I still don't get it.

Perhaps an example helps:

I got a Glassfish installation which contains an Apache Felix Instance.
How do I deploy from ACE to that OSGi (Felix) instance?

I don't see the connection from ACE to that system.

What I did so far was adding bundles/artifacts and assigned them to a
feature and assigned that feature to a distribution. Next steps?

Thanx in advance.

Mihael

On 14.02.2013 11:41, Marcel Offermans wrote:
> The launcher can be configured with a couple of command line arguments. If you type:
>
> java -jar org.apache.ace.launcher.jar help
>

> You will get this short explanation:
>
> All known options are:
>    agents: configures multiple management agents: agent-id,identification,discovery[;agent-id,identification,discovery]*
>    auth: point to the properties file containing the authentication credentials for a
certain subsystem:<dir/file/url>
>    discovery: sets the ACE server to connect to
>    id(?:entification)?: sets the target ID to use
>    bundle: adds an additional bundle to be started with this management agent: bundle=my.fully.qualified.BundleActivator
>    fwOption: sets framework options for the OSGi framework to be created. This argument
may be repeated
>    help: prints this help message
> Example:
>    java -jar ace-launcher.jar identification=MyTarget discovery=http://provisioning.company.com:8080
fwOption=org.osgi.framework.system.packages.extra=sun.misc,com.sun.management

> The most important properties are "identification" (the unique name for this target)
and "discovery" (the URL of the ACE server to connect to).

> Greetings, Marcel
>

> On Feb 14, 2013, at 11:28 , Mihael Schmidt<mschmidt@sgbs.de>  wrote:
>
>> Thanx for your quick answer.
>>
>> What I didn't get so far is the connection from the ace.launcher to the target OSGi
system where the artifacts should be deployed. Where is that configured/entered?

>> Thanx
>>
>> Mihael
>>
>> On 14.02.2013 10:58, Marcel Offermans wrote:
>>> If you're using the latest release, there are several configuration files you
need to change (in the conf/ folder) apart from the platform property you already mention.

>>> If you look at trunk in svn, we have recently simplified the process of changing
the port, by having a variable you can change in one place, which is used in all .cfg files.
Even if you run the release, the mechanism for doing that is the same, so you could consider
that. In the server.bndrun we now have:

>>> 	org.apache.ace.server.port=8080,\
>>> 	org.osgi.service.http.port=8080,\
>>>
>>> And changing both to a different port should now be enough to make that change
everywhere. Take a look at the conf/ folder to see how we use those variables.

>>> Greetings, Marcel

ACE need an extra obr for itself? If I can use it where do I configure it? conf/org.apache.ace.webui.vaadin.cfg?