ace-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: Specifying target system
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2013 10:41:39 GMT
The launcher can be configured with a couple of command line arguments. If you type:

java -jar org.apache.ace.launcher.jar help

You will get this short explanation:

All known options are:
  agents: configures multiple management agents: agent-id,identification,discovery[;agent-id,identification,discovery]*
  auth: point to the properties file containing the authentication credentials for a certain
subsystem: <dir/file/url>
  discovery: sets the ACE server to connect to
  id(?:entification)?: sets the target ID to use
  bundle: adds an additional bundle to be started with this management agent: bundle=my.fully.qualified.BundleActivator
  fwOption: sets framework options for the OSGi framework to be created. This argument may
be repeated
  help: prints this help message
Example:
  java -jar ace-launcher.jar identification=MyTarget discovery=http://provisioning.company.com:8080
fwOption=org.osgi.framework.system.packages.extra=sun.misc,com.sun.management

The most important properties are "identification" (the unique name for this target) and "discovery"
(the URL of the ACE server to connect to).

Greetings, Marcel

On Feb 14, 2013, at 11:28 , Mihael Schmidt <mschmidt@sgbs.de> wrote:

> Thanx for your quick answer.
>
> What I didn't get so far is the connection from the ace.launcher to the target OSGi system
where the artifacts should be deployed. Where is that configured/entered?

> Thanx
>
> Mihael
>
> On 14.02.2013 10:58, Marcel Offermans wrote:
>> If you're using the latest release, there are several configuration files you need
to change (in the conf/ folder) apart from the platform property you already mention.

>> If you look at trunk in svn, we have recently simplified the process of changing
the port, by having a variable you can change in one place, which is used in all .cfg files.
Even if you run the release, the mechanism for doing that is the same, so you could consider
that. In the server.bndrun we now have:

>> 	org.apache.ace.server.port=8080,\
>> 	org.osgi.service.http.port=8080,\
>>
>> And changing both to a different port should now be enough to make that change everywhere.
Take a look at the conf/ folder to see how we use those variables.

>> Greetings, Marcel
>>
>> On Feb 14, 2013, at 9:51 , Mihael Schmidt<mschmidt@sgbs.de>  wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> i need to run Apache ACE on a different port than 8080. Where do I have to make
the changes?

>>> platform.properties : -Dorg.osgi.service.http.port=8080 ?
>>> conf/org.apache.ace.webui.vaadin.cfg : aceHost = http://localhost:8080/?
>>>
>>> We already have an obr for our bundles. Can I use this obr directly or does ACE
need an extra obr for itself? If I can use it where do I configure it? conf/org.apache.ace.webui.vaadin.cfg?