ace-users mailing list archives

From Paul Bakker <paul.bak...@luminis.eu>
Subject Re: Scripting support for Apache Ace.
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2012 19:13:32 GMT
Hi Vijay,

1) Yes it's ready for production. To give you an idea, we are running our system on Amazon
EC2 using ACE with ~200 bundles and ~20 servers.  We provision software updates every few
days to the production servers. This works well.
Make sure to build a release from the latest sources however! Do not use the current binary
distribution in production, there are some nasty issues in there.

2) Not sure, but basically you just need the management agent bundle. (org.apache.ace.managementagent.jar).
This should work in Equinox as well.

3) ACE has a REST api that you can use from scripts. You can do everything, and a lot more,
that you can do from the UI using the REST api.
We use this in production as well. Servers are started on demand and use the REST api to register
themselves as targets and start provisioning.
Documentation can be found here: http://ace.apache.org/user-doc/restapi.html

Cheers,

Paul