ace-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: Apache ACE Log
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2012 18:57:17 GMT
Hello Álvaro,

On Oct 19, 2012, at 20:34 PM, Álvaro Fernández González <alvaro.fernandez@nortia-in.es>
wrote:

> How is the log configured? I mean, I don't see either messages on the
> console nor any files beeing created with log.

Every component in ACE logs to the LogService (from the OSGi compendium). By default we ship
the Felix Log bundle which keeps a (configurable) buffer that holds all log messages. The
"log" shell command can be used to look at these messages. They are not persisted to disk.

If you want to persist them to disk, I suggest writing a bundle that uses the LogReader and
LogListener interfaces to read from the buffer and persist the lines to disk.

Greetings, Marcel