ace-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: About OBR and Apache ACE
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2012 16:43:24 GMT
On Sep 5, 2012, at 18:01 PM, Christian Vogel <contact@christian-vogel.info> wrote:

> thanks for your answer and your 2 possibilities sounds good. Are there any
> examples of how to use the mentioned REST APIs?

I guess you found the docs:
http://ace.apache.org/user-doc/restapi.html

And (on another site of a project using ACE):
https://amdatu.atlassian.net/wiki/display/AMDATU/Amdatu+Provisioning+REST+interfaces

That same project built a Java API on top of the REST API, which is the closest I can think
of right now in terms of an example:
https://bitbucket.org/amdatu/amdatu-platform/src/56b61227ce57/amdatu-ace-client

> And, btw., I have another question. I download the server for the first
> time. Executed the 'run.sh' script and the server is about to start. In the
> end Apache ACE is trying to connect to an instance of Amazon, which I do not
> have and do not need. I'm just running the server standalone. I've avoided
> the connection by removing the nodelauncher.amazone bundle and it worked. So
> my question is whether I really do need the nodelauncher bundles or I could
> just delete them from the dev-server ace-bundles  folder?

You can delete it, it is there only for connecting to Amazon. If I remember correctly you
could also just remove its configuration, because the bundle does not work without it (we
ship with a sample configuration). But deleting the whole bundle is the easiest option.

Greetings, Marcel