ace-users mailing list archives

From "Christian Vogel" <cont...@christian-vogel.info>
Subject RE: About OBR and Apache ACE
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2012 15:54:00 GMT
Hi Marcel,

thanks for your answer and I will have a look to the links you provided as
soon as I have some open space.

About OBR. I think I will go with the implementation of Apache ACE and just
I will add the repository to the Bndtools cnf. Therefore, are there any
possibilities to protect the OBR so that not everybody can read and access
the repository.xml?

Cheers.
Christian

-----Original Message-----
From: Marcel Offermans [mailto:marcel.offermans@luminis.nl]
Sent: Mittwoch, 5. September 2012 18:43
To: users@ace.apache.org
Subject: Re: About OBR and Apache ACE

On Sep 5, 2012, at 18:01 PM, Christian Vogel <contact@christian-vogel.info>
wrote:

> thanks for your answer and your 2 possibilities sounds good. Are there
> any examples of how to use the mentioned REST APIs?

I guess you found the docs:
http://ace.apache.org/user-doc/restapi.html

And (on another site of a project using ACE):
https://amdatu.atlassian.net/wiki/display/AMDATU/Amdatu+Provisioning+REST+in
terfaces

That same project built a Java API on top of the REST API, which is the
closest I can think of right now in terms of an example:
https://bitbucket.org/amdatu/amdatu-platform/src/56b61227ce57/amdatu-ace-cli
ent

> And, btw., I have another question. I download the server for the
> first time. Executed the 'run.sh' script and the server is about to
> start. In the end Apache ACE is trying to connect to an instance of
> Amazon, which I do not have and do not need. I'm just running the
> server standalone. I've avoided the connection by removing the
> nodelauncher.amazone bundle and it worked. So my question is whether I
> really do need the nodelauncher bundles or I could just delete them from
the dev-server ace-bundles  folder?

You can delete it, it is there only for connecting to Amazon. If I remember
correctly you could also just remove its configuration, because the bundle
does not work without it (we ship with a sample configuration). But deleting
the whole bundle is the easiest option.

Greetings, Marcel