ace-users mailing list archives

From Mickael Marrache <mickaelmarra...@gmail.com>
Subject Licensing model
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2012 11:50:20 GMT
Hi,

Company A wants to sell an application server to companies B and C. The
application server consists of multiple bundles. For each company, many
application servers may be installed on different nodes. So, on each node,
I think there would be one Apache Felix instance and the bundles that
compose the application server installed on it.

But, for each application server installation, some bundles are provided
following a license. For example, company B may have bought a license to
use a certain bundle of the application server, that provides a particular
service. Company C may have bought a more expensive license, therefore
using the same bundle as B plus another bundle that provides another
service.

So, I need a way to differentiate the nodes (i.e. a node belongs to a
particular customer). I also need a way to control which bundles are
installed/used on a certain node following certain license information.

Is it possible using Apache Ace? If yes, is it enough mature to be used in
production?

Thanks,
Mickael