ace-users mailing list archives

From Paul Bakker <paul.bak...@luminis.eu>
Subject Re: How to install a target?
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2012 13:49:14 GMT
Hi Mickael,

Any OSGi framework with the ACE management agent bundle installed is a target. This way you
can potentially use ACE to provision to any kind of environment. There is also the ace-launcher
however. This is basically a Felix installation with the management agent installed. You can
simply start the jar using java -jar and it will start acting as a target. You can find the
ace-launcher in the store folder of the devserver, or in the target folder of the org.apache.ace.launcher
project.

For example: java -jar ace-launcher.jar identification=mytarget discovery=http://[devserver-ip]:8080

When you want to use targets on Amazon EC2 nodes, you can also start nodes from the UI. You
do need to configure your account first in conf/org.apache.ace.nodelauncher.amazon.cfg though.

Paul