ace-users mailing list archives

From Jan Willem Janssen <janwillem.jans...@luminis.eu>
Subject Re: How to install a target?
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2012 14:03:14 GMT
On 7/25/12 9:23 AM, Mickael Marrache wrote:
> I've downloaded the Apache Ace distriubution (devserver) on one
> machine that will be the server and I've launched it using the
> batch file run.bat. I can access the WEB UI on the server. I would
> like to create a target on another machine.

Directly creating a target currently only works for Amazon EC2, IIRC.
Otherwise, you need to install a target by hand (or script it).

> Should I download the same distribution (i.e. devserver) on the
> other machine? If yes, how to install Ace as a target and not as a
> server? What is the purpose of the devgateway distribution?

You can use the ace-launcher for targets. Either use the standalone
version (found in the ace-launcher/target folder), or you can download
it on the node using the API of ACE using some sort of bootstrap script.

> I know there is a possibility to install Ace as a feature on Apache
> Karaf but I can't find this feature in the distribution. I can see
> it in the trunk but I don't know if I can use it.

Its been a while since using this functionality. Don't know its
current status, and whether it still works. I bet it is easy to try out ;)

HtH

--
Met vriendelijke groeten | Kind regards

Jan Willem Janssen | Software Architect