ace-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject [ANN] Apache Meetup NL - April 26th
Date Sat, 14 Apr 2012 19:05:44 GMT
Hello all,

A week or so ago I had a nice meeting with a couple of Apache friends in a lovely place in
Utrecht, the Netherlands. Among other Apache related stuff we discussed how to get-together
as many people interested in the Apache community as possible on frequent/regular basis in
the lovely Netherlands.

We parted ways that evening with an idea to start organizing informal meetups, get-togethers
or hackathon flavored meetings in which people can present, discuss, socialize and hack at
the same time. The idea is to make these small events community driven, easy to organize and
more frequent as much as possible so we can have as many of them as we can.

We are pleased to announce that the first of these events will be held in the Grand Cafe Metropole
in Arnhem, The Netherlands on Thursday April 26, 2012 from 17:00 - 22:00 (details below).
People who would like to give talks or presentations about existing Apache projects or that
have an idea which they would like to talk about are very encouraged and welcome to do so.
For the sake of planning it is preferable to let us know about these talks ahead of time so
we can schedule them.

Also, which is in the very core of such meetings, groups working on a specific project where
at least two of them are going to be part of the event, give us heads up to spread that among
others if they are interested to join hacking on that project. In general, let us know your
interests!

The nature of these events is very much hands-on. As all Apache events they are open to anybody
who is using or otherwise involved in one or more of our projects. If you’d like to know
more about Apache and how to get involved in different activities happening inside the Apache
community, be sure to drop by!

Venue and Travel Info

The meetup will be held at the Grand Cafe Metropole in the Steenstraat 68 in Arnhem [1], starting
at 17:00 until about 22:00. We have the big upstairs room reserved there, which has plenty
of room and includes WiFi and power. The venue is provided by Luminis. Drinks and food are
on you!

The closest train station, Arnhem Velperpoort, is within walking distance (500m) and there
is a parking garage next to that same station (in case you can’t park in front of the Metropole).
If you need any travelling assistance, get in touch with Marcel as he lives nearby and knows
the area.

Very much looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible! See you there :)

Please signup for the event here: https://apachemeetup-nl.eventbrite.com/

Marcel (marrs) and Mohammad (mnour)

[1] http://metropole.nl/
[2] http://metropole.nl/execute.php?taal=1&dir=route&olddir=149