ace-users mailing list archives

From Jan Willem Janssen <janwillem.jans...@luminis.eu>
Subject Re: Upload artifact to ACE repository
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2012 14:31:15 GMT

Hi Alexander,

On 4/3/12 3:53 PM, Alexander Broekhuis wrote:
> We are using the ACE rest client to create an ACE configuration
> from a program. But now we need to add bundles to the repository,
> what is the best/easiest solution for this? Looking at the webUI
> this is handled via the ArtifactRepository, but the Rest client
> seems to miss such option. Is this correct, or am I missing
> something?

Indeed the REST client does not have functionality for uploading
artifacts. The internal API does support it (= the
ArtifactRepository), but it is not exposed as such through REST.

For now, uploading of artifacts through an REST-ish interface is
possible by using the OBR interface directly:

- - GET /obr/${ID}, yields the artifact itself (e.g. 'repository.xml');
- - POST /obr/${ID}, submits a resource to the OBR. The ${ID} is used as
the resource name and the content as its value. Returns a 409 if there
is a conflict with another resource;
- - DELETE /obr/${ID}, deletes a resource from the OBR. Returns a 409 if
there is a conflict.

- --
Met vriendelijke groeten | Kind regards

Jan Willem Janssen | Software Architect