ace-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: Deployment Admin target auto-added
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2012 08:36:00 GMT
On Apr 4, 2012, at 9:50 AM, Alexander Broekhuis wrote:

> I have written a basic deployment admin implementation for the Apache Celix
> project. In case anyone isn't familiar with Celix, Celix is an
> implementation of the OSGi spec in C.
>
> This deployment admin is capable of reading/downloading/installing ACE
> versions. Since Celix bundles are similar to OSGi bundles (ZIP file with a
> manifest and standard OSGi headers), it is possible to use ACE out of the
> box for Celix bundles.
>
> But I have one issue, my Celix targets don't show automatically in the web
> interface. I have to add them by hand.
>
> How does ACE determine a new target is available?

I did not check the code exactly, but it looks at the audit log. My guess is that you have
not implemented that yet. Eventually you will need to do that anyway, as feedback from the
audit log is also how ACE determines that a deployment package really was succcesfully installed
(or not).

I'm sure Angelo will correct me if I'm wrong about this. :)

Greetings, Marcel