ace-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: Target tags in Node Launcher
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2012 16:24:11 GMT
Hello Alexander,

On Mar 7, 2012, at 15:41 PM, Alexander Broekhuis wrote:

> I am trying to write my own NodeLauncher to do some bootstrapping, now I'd
> like to use some of the tags that can be set on a target. How can I
> retrieve these in the NodeLauncher?
>
> In this specific case I need to have a NodeLauncher which starts a new OSGi
> container on a host. Since there can be multiple hosts I need to specify
> the IP address/Hostname of the host. Is a tag a correct solution for this?
> Or can this be done differently?

Tags can be used in combination with autoconfig configuration. If you deploy an XML / MetaType
artifact to a target and it contains placeholders, those will be resolved using tags that
are attached to targets, distributions or features. The actual template engine that is being
used for that is Velocity.

That being said, the NodeLauncher itself is not something you can currently target with a
configuration, you have to target a bundle (or rather ManagedService(Factory)) in the container.

Greetings, Marcel