ace-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Broekhuis <a.broekh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Target tags in Node Launcher
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2012 06:48:29 GMT
2012/3/7 Marcel Offermans <marcel.offermans@luminis.nl>

> Hello Alexander,
>
> Tags can be used in combination with autoconfig configuration. If you
> deploy an XML / MetaType artifact to a target and it contains placeholders,
> those will be resolved using tags that are attached to targets,
> distributions or features. The actual template engine that is being used
> for that is Velocity.

Thanks for the clarification on this!

> That being said, the NodeLauncher itself is not something you can
> currently target with a configuration, you have to target a bundle (or
> rather ManagedService(Factory)) in the container.

So if I understand correctly, currently it is not possible to use the
Vaadin interface to specify on which host a container is launched. I
already use a ManagedService to set several common properties on the
NodeLauncher. Even though I could use a factory, I still would not be able
to select an instance from the web interface.

Looking at the Ace source I see that a NodeLauncherPanel is used, would it
be possible to create my own UI Extension which I can use to set the host?

Since we are looking at an automated solution (ie no user interaction), I
think I already have to dive into this to be able to have the dynamics I
need. This way I could probably as well make a user interface which makes
it possible to assign a container to a selected host.

Are there any resources/help docs on this topic?

TiA!

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Alexander Broekhuis