ace-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: non interactive client
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2012 15:47:21 GMT
On Mar 15, 2012, at 15:59 PM, Pepijn Noltes wrote:

>> You might want to use the client REST API to talk to ACE. It is not 100% done yet,
but we've been using it in another open source project that builds on ACE (called Amdatu).
It is usable. Take a look at:

>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ACE/Client+REST+API
>>
>> Btw, within the Amdatu community there has been some talk about donating a Java API
that is built on top of the REST API to ACE. That might be worth looking into as well.

> Thanks for the answer. The REST API looks promising. Is the REST API
> available in the latest release (0.8.1) or should I checkout the
> latest sources and build ACE myself?

The latter, also because we're still working on it so I would advise you to take advantage
of the latest and greatest. The quickest way to build is to:
1) do a checkout,
2) mvn -DskipTests=true install
3) go to the ace-target-devserver folder, where you will find a fully functional server in
the "target" folder.

Greetings, Marcel