ace-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: non interactive client
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2012 20:58:37 GMT
Hello Pepijn,

On Mar 14, 2012, at 13:40 PM, Pepijn Noltes wrote:

> I want to use Apache ACE in our system, but instead of web UI as
> client I want to create a non interactive client. This client client
> should use a configuration file containing the artifact <-> target
> info and needs to have a (remote) API to dynamically change the
> deployment configuration. The system will use a single local
> repository.
>
> I am just starting to use ACE and am looking for some info to get a
> better understanding how to approach this.
> I have already found some wiki pages
> (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ACE/Software+Architecture
> and https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ACE/User+Documentation)
> from the incubator environment, but I am hoping that somebody could
> give some extra info/documentation about where to start and which
> bundles, interfaces and classes to use/extend.

You might want to use the client REST API to talk to ACE. It is not 100% done yet, but we've
been using it in another open source project that builds on ACE (called Amdatu). It is usable.
Take a look at:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ACE/Client+REST+API

Btw, within the Amdatu community there has been some talk about donating a Java API that is
built on top of the REST API to ACE. That might be worth looking into as well.

Greetings, Marcel