ace-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Bakker <paul.bakker...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: move/retire a couple of ACE sub-projects
Date Fri, 22 Jan 2016 15:15:30 GMT
Hi Jan Willem,

I have done work on the org.apache.ace.log.server.store.mongo and org.apache.ace.nodelauncher
in the past. I think both are no longer relevant.
The mongo log storage was an idea to use ACE as a central log store for application logs.
That didn't work out very well, and I would be surprised if the component is still used somewhere.
+1 for removing it.

The nodelauncher was created with the idea to make ACE also a cloud cluster manager. This
idea was never implemented beyond the trivial use case of starting single servers, and I think
we've moved away from the whole idea a long time ago. So another +1 to remove this component.

Cheers,

Paul