ace-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: Question: bundle events
Date Thu, 13 Aug 2015 14:10:27 GMT
Hello Gerrit,
On 13 Aug 2015 at 14:51:02 , BINNENMARS Gerrit (gerrit.binnenmars@nl.thalesgroup.com) wrote:

For Apache Celix, at the moment only the FRAMEWORK_STARTED event is sent.
I want to extend the implementation, but now have several questions:

1. Which events are useful to implement? The Bundle events seem useful. I am not sure about
the other Framework events and the Deployment admin events
Most framework and bundle events end up in the audit log and are mostly for historic and/or
informational purposes.

The deployment admin events are actually used to determine on the server that a deployment
succeeded.

2. It is also not clear when to send the deployment admin events
The deployment admin spec mandates when those must be sent. So it’s that bundle that does
that.

3. There seems to be a mismatch between the OSGi specification (https://osgi.org/javadoc/r5/core/constant-values.html#org.osgi.framework.BundleEvent.STARTED)
and the Apache ACE defines in (AuditEvent.java)
I’m not sure what you mean. Constants in BundleEvent and AuditEvent are not equal (numerically)
but that is by design. Do you mean there are certain bundle events that are not mapped to
audit events?

Greetings, Marcel