ace-dev mailing list archives

From Bjoern Petri <bjoern.pe...@sundevil.de>
Subject Support for Celix bundles
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2014 14:13:31 GMT

Hi,

For those who read on this list and don't know me yet I would like to
shortly introduce myself: my name is Bjoern Petri and I am one of the
Apache Celix committers next to Alexander Broekhuis (which I assume you
guys probably know better).
Partly involved in the Inaetics research project (inaetics.org) I
started using Apache Ace some weeks ago and was quite impressed about
how good the deployment of bundles to Apache Celix already works - I was
not expecting this. Nevertheless I experience some bugs(?) which makes
life bit more stressful for me. Although I am aware that Celix does not
do everything the same way as Amdatu or Felix, I hope that we can work
on those issues together to get those things fixed.
A major issue is the compatibility of amdatu/felix and celix-bundles.
While uploading Celix-Bundles via the gogo-shell seems to work fine, the
WebUI sometimes just does not work (see e.g. Jira issue ACE-488).
Unfortunately I don't know how to debug those issues - is there a way to
get some more information what is going on underneath without
instrumenting the source code?

Regards,
   Bjoern