ace-dev mailing list archives

From Sibla Wilfried <Wilfried.Si...@bosch-si.com>
Subject storage location of ACE repository
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2014 14:19:18 GMT
Hi to all

As most of the ACE users might know, ACE is storing its repositories (shop, target, deployment
and users, and also the auditlog) within the bundles cache of the bundle org.apache.ace.repository.impl.jar.

In our environment we are quite often forced to restart the server including deleting the
bundle cache to fix some runtime problems (possibly/probably caused by some mistakes made
during using the vaadin UI; but not really reproducible).
Although this happens in a test/development environment it's quite annoying to setup the repository
again afterwards.

Therefore I made some really small changes to the RepositoryFactory and to the Activator of
the bundle org.apache.ace.log.target.store.impl.jar to make the storage location of that repositories
configurable.

I appended the patch to this small (the corresponding cfg files changes for the project run-server-allinone
are also included) changes to this mail. The changes are fully compliant to ACE. If the cfg
files remain unchanged, the repositories are still stored to the bundle cache.

For me it would be really great if this patch would find the way to the ACE trunk :-)

@Marcel: you probably remember this topic from our earlier discussions.

Thx a lot in advance.

Regards
Wilfried