ace-dev mailing list archives

From Bram de Kruijff <bdekrui...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release ACE version 2.0.0
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2014 08:27:27 GMT
On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 10:08 AM, Marcel Offermans
<marcel.offermans@luminis.nl> wrote:
> On 17 Apr 2014, at 9:56 , Bram de Kruijff <bdekruijff@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Same issues for me. In addition I would like to see a changelog [0]
>> when we put out a release.
>>
>> -1
>
> Bram, I propose we create a tag in Jira *after* a successful vote so we don’t end up
with versions we never released (such as 2.0.0 now). so after the vote is done, we can provide
a full changelog as part of our announcement. In the mean time, people can query Jira (or
we can provide a query) based on dates to see what has changed.

> Does that make sense?

As long as we have it once we announce, I'm more then fine with it!

On the how I personally think it is convenient to have a 'next'
version in jira that you can assign to when you close an issue. AFAIK
you can change the label on the version, but you can't change the
version on closed issues. Hence you need to reopen all closed issues
if you want to assign the version afterwards.

grz
Bram