ace-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Willem Janssen <janwillem.jans...@luminis.eu>
Subject Re: Towards a new release and baselining support...
Date Thu, 14 Nov 2013 12:11:54 GMT

On 11/13/13 1:29 PM, Bram de Kruijff wrote:
>> As you all know, a lot of things have happened recently within
>> the ACE project. We’ve rewritten the complete management agent,
>> added quite a few features to the server and squashed bugs. With
>> all of this work done I feel we should start working towards a
>> new release now, but I’d like to get everbody’s opinion and check
>> if there are things we forgot about that really need to make it
>> into a new release.
>>>
> A big question is what we will do with the 'old' management agent.
> At present that code is still scattered throughout several
> projects. So.. will we keep supporting it, deprecate it until the
> next, or purge it? I think installed base is low en keeping it
> around surely will give a lot of overhead in maintaining the
> codebase and moving forward on interfaces. For that reason I would
> argue to purge it.

+1 for purging the old MA, as the left-overs of it still confuse me on
a daily basis (could also be due to the sleep deprivation I am
building up recently ;))

- --
Met vriendelijke groeten | Kind regards

Jan Willem Janssen | Software Architect
+31 631 765 814

/My world is revolving around PulseOn and Amdatu/

Luminis Technologies B.V.
J.C. Wilslaan 29
7313 HK   Apeldoorn
+31 88 586 46 30