ace-dev mailing list archives

From Bram de Kruijff <bdekrui...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release 1.0
Date Thu, 30 May 2013 10:42:25 GMT
Hi Guys,

nearly there!(?) I did some work on documentation and bugs. Here[0] is
our 1.0 status.

* ACE-356 Marcel is working on getting deploymentadmin/autoconf over at Felix.
* ACE-339 I have no karma to inspect the configuration. Can someone
check this out and/or give me access?
* All 0.8.0-incubator[1] issues are closed. Kan someone archive it?
Again, I do not have enough karma to do so myself..

Furthermore, we need testing and reviewing! :)

grz
Bram

[0] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACE/fixforversion/12324448
[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACE/fixforversion/12323975

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 6:47 PM, Bram de Kruijff <bdekruijff@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 9:16 PM, Marcel Offermans
> <marcel.offermans@luminis.nl> wrote:
>> Hello Bram, all,
>>
>> On May 27, 2013, at 21:06 PM, Bram de Kruijff <bdekruijff@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I would like to start moving towards a release candidate.  All
>>> previously closed issues are now fix version 1.0.0 We have some
>>> resolved issues [0] with fix version 1.0.0 that I will start closing
>
> Reviewed and closed most resolved issues.
>
>>> tomorrow.  I also did some more work on Management Agent Redesign
>>> (ACE-347) but it needs more work and I do not consider it a 1.0.0
>>> blocker. Is it ok to include it in de src release or shall I move it
>>> to sandbox?
>>
>> I'm fine with leaving it in our source release.
>>

> OK
>
>>> Looking at the list that started this off.... It not all clear to me
>>> and AFAIK some are even missing issues. Therefore I suggest  we start
>>> assigning open issues that we consider must haves to fix version 1.0.0
>>> so we have a clear picture of what is left.

>>> Done (ACE-343)

>>> What do we consider 'relevant'... Bundle-Name, Bundle-License.. ?
>>> Please create issue if you have an opinion on the matter.
>>>

> Created, comitted and resolved ACE-352

> I published the site and resolved ACE-106
>
>>> Build is done I guess? The release guide needs another update.
>>> Assigned ACE-106 to Marcel for fix or guidance :)
>>
>> Build should work, yes, and the guide needs a bit of work.
>>

> Jenkins fails so I reopened ACE-339

>>> Done (ACE-211)

instead of the SNAPSHOTs we use now.

>>> Not sure... We have the following artifacts in in cnf. Are these the
>>> correct versions? Or do we still wait for Felix?
>>
>> What we have in cnf are snapshot versions, so we should not rely on those. So we
have to go and release them in Felix.

> OK
>
>>> {code}
>>> -rw-rw-r-- 1 bramk bramk 93008 Apr 12 13:30
>>> org.apache.felix.deployment.rp.autoconf-0.1.1.jar
>>> -rw-rw-r-- 1 bramk bramk 85411 Apr 12 13:30
>>> org.apache.felix.deploymentadmin-0.9.1.jar
>>> {code}

release guide