ace-dev mailing list archives

From Bram de Kruijff <bdekrui...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Working towards a new release...
Date Fri, 19 Apr 2013 10:29:30 GMT
Have we reached consensus on this matter? As I am working on LICENSE
and NOTICE I would like to know if I need to drag in all BC/Jclouds
notices.

grz
Bram

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 8:03 PM, Marcel Offermans
<marcel.offermans@luminis.nl> wrote:
> On Apr 18, 2013, at 18:56 , Christian Vogel <christian.vogel@cvogel.com> wrote:
>> On 18.04.2013 16:17, Marcel Offermans wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> As we promised in our last board report, we are working towards a release of
ACE (I propose to call that 1.0). To start working towards that, I would like to start by
asking everybody if there are blocking issues that, according to them, have to be fixed before
we can cut a release? If so, this is the time to discuss them!

>>> Also, there are a couple of things we still need to address. I tried to make
a list, and as soon as we agree on them I will convert that to issues, link them to a version
in Jira so we have a goal to work towards.

>>> My list:
>>>
>>> * Make sure all bundles are versioned as 1.0
>>> * Make sure all exported packages are versioned as 1.0
>>> * Complete all relevant bundle headers / metadata
>>> * Ensure that src-build.xml and bin-build.xml work and that we can do a "source
only" release.
>>> * Finish release guide (ACE-106)
>>> * Review and improve NOTICE and LICENSE (ACE-211)
>>> * Release autoconf, deploymentadmin in Apache Felix and use these new releases
instead of the SNAPSHOTs we use now.
>>> * Update our website: everything under user, some dev pages and (see above) release
guide

>> I'll browse the open issues as well during the weekend. Could check all bundles being
versioned as 1.0 during that time as well.