ace-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: Working towards a new release...
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2013 18:03:22 GMT
On Apr 18, 2013, at 18:56 , Christian Vogel <christian.vogel@cvogel.com> wrote:
> On 18.04.2013 16:17, Marcel Offermans wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> As we promised in our last board report, we are working towards a release of ACE
(I propose to call that 1.0). To start working towards that, I would like to start by asking
everybody if there are blocking issues that, according to them, have to be fixed before we
can cut a release? If so, this is the time to discuss them!

>> Also, there are a couple of things we still need to address. I tried to make a list,
and as soon as we agree on them I will convert that to issues, link them to a version in Jira
so we have a goal to work towards.

>> My list:
>>
>> * Make sure all bundles are versioned as 1.0
>> * Make sure all exported packages are versioned as 1.0
>> * Complete all relevant bundle headers / metadata
>> * Ensure that src-build.xml and bin-build.xml work and that we can do a "source only"
release.
>> * Finish release guide (ACE-106)
>> * Review and improve NOTICE and LICENSE (ACE-211)
>> * Release autoconf, deploymentadmin in Apache Felix and use these new releases instead
of the SNAPSHOTs we use now.
>> * Update our website: everything under user, some dev pages and (see above) release
guide

> I'll browse the open issues as well during the weekend. Could check all bundles being
versioned as 1.0 during that time as well.

Thanks Christian!

Greetings, Marcel