ace-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Vogel <christian.vo...@cvogel.com>
Subject Re: Working towards a new release...
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2013 16:56:29 GMT
On 18.04.2013 16:17, Marcel Offermans wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> As we promised in our last board report, we are working towards a release of ACE (I propose
to call that 1.0). To start working towards that, I would like to start by asking everybody
if there are blocking issues that, according to them, have to be fixed before we can cut a
release? If so, this is the time to discuss them!

> Also, there are a couple of things we still need to address. I tried to make a list,
and as soon as we agree on them I will convert that to issues, link them to a version in Jira
so we have a goal to work towards.

> My list:
>
> * Make sure all bundles are versioned as 1.0
> * Make sure all exported packages are versioned as 1.0
> * Complete all relevant bundle headers / metadata
> * Ensure that src-build.xml and bin-build.xml work and that we can do a "source only"
release.
> * Finish release guide (ACE-106)
> * Review and improve NOTICE and LICENSE (ACE-211)
> * Release autoconf, deploymentadmin in Apache Felix and use these new releases instead
of the SNAPSHOTs we use now.
> * Update our website: everything under user, some dev pages and (see above) release guide

I'll browse the open issues as well during the weekend. Could check all
bundles being versioned as 1.0 during that time as well.

> An issue to discuss:
>
> We currently have a dependency on BouncyCastle: directly because we have one unit test
that uses it, and indirectly, because jclouds uses it. Jan Willem looked into this and what
it would mean to release this a while ago, but I believe our question to legal regarding this
is still open. We have two options: a) remove BouncyCastle from the release, meaning we can't
release one test and our jclouds support, or b) make sure we get a good answer from legal
and a way forward so we can release this. Any thoughts?

Same opinion like others already mentioned, keeping it out for this
release make sense.