ace-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: Working towards a new release...
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2013 15:25:02 GMT
It sounds good to me.

I postpone the Karaf and Kalumet support to the next ACE release.

Regarding BouncyCastle, I would remove BC from the release. We can 
document how to enable support of jclouds.

Regards
JB

On 04/18/2013 04:17 PM, Marcel Offermans wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> As we promised in our last board report, we are working towards a release of ACE (I propose
to call that 1.0). To start working towards that, I would like to start by asking everybody
if there are blocking issues that, according to them, have to be fixed before we can cut a
release? If so, this is the time to discuss them!
>
> Also, there are a couple of things we still need to address. I tried to make a list,
and as soon as we agree on them I will convert that to issues, link them to a version in Jira
so we have a goal to work towards.
>
> My list:
>
> * Make sure all bundles are versioned as 1.0
> * Make sure all exported packages are versioned as 1.0
> * Complete all relevant bundle headers / metadata
> * Ensure that src-build.xml and bin-build.xml work and that we can do a "source only"
release.
> * Finish release guide (ACE-106)
> * Review and improve NOTICE and LICENSE (ACE-211)
> * Release autoconf, deploymentadmin in Apache Felix and use these new releases instead
of the SNAPSHOTs we use now.
> * Update our website: everything under user, some dev pages and (see above) release guide
>
> An issue to discuss:
>
> We currently have a dependency on BouncyCastle: directly because we have one unit test
that uses it, and indirectly, because jclouds uses it. Jan Willem looked into this and what
it would mean to release this a while ago, but I believe our question to legal regarding this
is still open. We have two options: a) remove BouncyCastle from the release, meaning we can't
release one test and our jclouds support, or b) make sure we get a good answer from legal
and a way forward so we can release this. Any thoughts?
>
> Greetings, Marcel
>

-- 
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Mime
View raw message